Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Shaun
I'm new here
I'm new here

Wall Foam, to use or not to use

Postby Shaun » Thu 15 Mar, 2007 21:33

I have built a 18x36 inground liner pool. It has 18' steel steps setting inside the pool(3 six foot sections bolted together, stacked 3 high). The pool distributor said to definetly use wall foam on the steel steps & recommended using it on the walls also. I have also talked with 4 pool contractors; they all have different opinions. They steps will be covered with the vinyl liner and secured w/ fiberglass rods & clips. 1 contractor told me that the liner would probably pull away from the steps if I use wall foam on the steps. Another told me the liner would puncture easier if I use foam on steps or walls and to just duct tape the panel seams. Another told me it was a waste of time & money and the distributor (same one they use) was just selling me something I didn't need. The last one said that I need to put it on the steps and the walls were optional. I have no idea what to do. I would appreciate any feedback. It kinda sounds to me that most people don't use it because it's a pain to put on and don't want to fool with it. I wanted to put in the bottom and liner this coming week.

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2007 15:32

I don't specifically know about what you are talking about. However a common sense approach should work here.

Who is covering the warranty? If they told you to use it and you want warranty in the future then use it, else they can walk away.

HTH
lunaticfringe

Postby lunaticfringe » Thu 12 Apr, 2007 12:32

thats great advise-go by what the liner company wants

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”