swimming pool bugs that look like tiny furry tadpoles

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
lorraine

swimming pool bugs that look like tiny furry tadpoles

Postby lorraine » Fri 16 Sep, 2005 22:39

my pool cover tore while out of town all the leaves and debris fell into the pool the weather became extremely hot. I returned home to find a million living bugs in my above ground vinyl pool they look like tiny (eyelash size) tadpoles that are furry they use their tales to swim then close themselves into a loop and sink, then swim again. I have chlorinated my pool, added algeacide, balanced the PH levels, scrubbed that sides of all accumulated algae and they have still survived. Please help me to identify this organism and tell me how to kill it? Thank you clark_lorraine@hotmail.com

Pool Bug

Swimming pool bugs

Postby Pool Bug » Sun 15 Jan, 2006 09:13

Sounds like mosquitoes to me. Filter like crazy to skim them off the surface and help it along using the pool scoop.

A shock treatment really should kill the mosquitoes. I'm surprised they have survived so long.
mickeysdime

THey are Mosquitoes.

Postby mickeysdime » Fri 07 Sep, 2007 13:43

The little tadpole things are actually mosquitoe larvae if they are curling up and sinking, tadpoles simply stick to the wall and swim around.
matxkas

Swimming pool bugs that look like tiny furry tadpoles

Postby matxkas » Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:33

Loraine I have the same problem and have just done the same procedure to the pool as you expblained in your email.

How did you resolve the mosquito problem?

Did you have a mosquito issue that summer tied to this issue?

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”