Jacuzzi SouthWind Pool Heater

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
beetlebailey
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby beetlebailey » Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:46

Well it is that time again, now that the Winter is over in Manitoba it is time to get looking at the pool for the summer. Last Year I bought a SouthWind pool heater, thinking that I would be able to find information about it on the internet I thought $200.00 was a good deal. I have looked and looked and have found nothing about this heater on the net.

Does anyone know anything about these heaters/ have heard the name before? Also where I can get replacement parts for this unit if I need it.

What I am looking for is how well these work or don't work before I spend $500.00 to get this thing setup only to find out it was not worth it.

Thanks to all

leecat

Southwind heaters

Postby leecat » Sun 15 Apr, 2007 13:27

I'm looking at one of these right now - but the absolute lack of any information on the 'net is a concern for me, too; I can't find out a thing about them which to me just screams 'obsolete'. Unless I get it for almost nothing, I think I'll pass, just pick up filters and a pump and try solar heat instead. I'll check back though to see if anyone replies!!
yovinnny

Postby yovinnny » Sat 20 Jun, 2009 09:29

hi did you ever find out any info on this pool boiler I have one as well.
Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Me... » Sun 21 Jun, 2009 20:47

Jacuzzi stopped making pool heaters maybe 15 years ago. They had just got them right too. At the time they stopped production they were my favorite. If you have one of these they have given good service and although you might still find the odd aftermarket part that works the cabinet, firebrick and a few other critical parts will be beyond help. Meaning the exchanger could fall in on the burner tray, and you do not want that happening.

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”