Nut Grass Problem

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
CWGU3
I'm new here
I'm new here

Nut Grass Problem

Postby CWGU3 » Sat 21 Apr, 2007 21:30

I just had an 18x33 above ground installed in ground 2.5 feet, I dug the hole, leveled it to within an inch, then put 2 gallons of total vegitation killer down. the name brand eludes my memory right now but it said that it covers 1200 square feet per gallon. mix 6 oz. to a gallon of water ,and was designed for use under walkways,driveways,ect, before the installation. The day after it was put down the installers came out and installed the pool, They brought sand with them but since my ground is mostly sand they didnt use theres , instead they used dirt from around the hole to cover the butress and to build the bevel around the edge, I told the installers foreman what i had done and asked if we should put down anything else and he said that I already did more than was needed since it was dug so deep. any thing more would just prove paranoya.
Guess what!!!!!! My wife found a blade of grass growing up thru the liner today. Only one but we are scared because we had a problem with grass in a previouse pool that we had above ground . And we already backfilled our new pool, and if it requires them to pull the liner they wont do it unless its dug a foot and a half away from the wall. I did my part in making sure that this didnt happen but I fear that they spread seed with the dirt from around the pool. I was thinking of trying to fill a syringe with some vegetation killer and injecting it through the liner where the grass is growing. give it a day or so and try to patch the hole. Doyou think it will work or am I skrewed? What do I do. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghederer
I'm new here
I'm new here

What did you do about the grass?

Postby ghederer » Sun 22 Jul, 2007 20:34

I too i'm having the same problem. My pool has only been up for 1 1/2 weeks. Noticed today that I have grass growing through the liner. My husband also had the same idea as you (the syringe). Found your post and noticed nobody answered you. Wondering what did you do for your problem? Did you try the syringe? Please respond for I am desperate at this point. Thanks

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”