cloudy stuff at the bottom of pool

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Floridafrustrated

cloudy stuff at the bottom of pool

Postby Floridafrustrated » Sun 22 Apr, 2007 10:06

We have been cleaning our above the ground vinyl pool for weeks now and get the water tested weekly at our local pool store (levels are all good) BUT we have what looks like to be dead algae at the bottom that I cannot skim or pick up when I vacuum. I stir the pool and it all starts floating through the water but then it settles back down to the bottom again . Is there anyone that know what this is and how to get rid of it??? Our filter runs continously but it doesnt seem to capture this stuff at the bottom.

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2007 16:51

There are a few tricks you can try.

One is leaving your vacuum in the pool overnight sucking from the bottom of the pool. Another that may work is turning your jets so they point down to the floor instead of the surface like most do.

Cloudy water in one area usually indicates under circulation in this area, the fact it settles after being disturbed is further indication of this.

HTH
A&M
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby A&M » Tue 24 Apr, 2007 19:13

dynamictiger wrote:There are a few tricks you can try.

One is leaving your vacuum in the pool overnight sucking from the bottom of the pool. Another that may work is turning your jets so they point down to the floor instead of the surface like most do.

Cloudy water in one area usually indicates under circulation in this area, the fact it settles after being disturbed is further indication of this.

HTH

We had a similar problem with residue on the pool floor - the remedy that worked for us was for the pool guy to fit a waste bypass to the filter so that as we vaccum up the rubbish from the floor it goes out to waste and not through the filter to clog it.

This (plus the call out fee) cost us $120 well worth it as our problem had been standing for about 8 weeks.
Building on the knowledge ..

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”