Pump Housing Leaking

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
UofA1998

Pump Housing Leaking

Postby UofA1998 » Tue 24 Apr, 2007 19:15

I hope someone can at least point me in the correct direction here. I bought a house with a pool and the pool has been nothing but problems. Now the pump housing is leaking. It was spraying a small stream of water out but I patched it with pool putty. It seemed to work for a while but now it's slowly leaking again, probably about a gallon or so per day. But it is getting worse.

The model number of the pump has been torn off so I don't know exactly what it is. I know it's a Hayword. Is there another way I can get the model number and can the pump housing be replaced without buying the entire pump?

Any other recommendations other than buying a whole new pump?

Thanks in advance.

howzball
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby howzball » Thu 03 May, 2007 18:20

Snap some pictures of it and take it to your local pool store, they *should* be able to ID it for you.

If possible, see if you can find the HP rating on the motor. Not sure but you may be better off replacing the whole pump setup, it might be cost more effective.
UofA1998

Postby UofA1998 » Thu 03 May, 2007 18:56

howzball wrote:Snap some pictures of it and take it to your local pool store, they *should* be able to ID it for you.

If possible, see if you can find the HP rating on the motor. Not sure but you may be better off replacing the whole pump setup, it might be cost more effective.

Thanks for replying. I've decided to replace the entire pump. It was getting old and the parts to "fix" it were over half the cost of the entire pump.

Thanks anyway!
chrisinspring

Postby chrisinspring » Mon 07 May, 2007 18:41

get a Pentair

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”