Pure & Clear low salt light

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
aGrandma

Pure & Clear low salt light

Postby aGrandma » Sun 29 Apr, 2007 21:09

I have an in-ground pool 3 years old which has the Pure & Clear salt chlorination system mounted on the wall inside the pool. The past 3 years it's worked GREAT until now. The low salt light remains on and it doesn't make chlorine. When I press the "test" button, the light for low chlorine blinks and the light to show chlorine is being created comes on just for a few seconds, then turns off. I know there is plenty of salt in the water.
The Pure & Clear system is non-existent now and it was bought out by Polaris. I was told I can't even buy parts for it anymore.
I have never replaced the cell, but I read that replacing a cell costs several hundred dollars!
I don't know what to do - does anyone have any advice for me? Should I just start pouring liquid chlorine in the pool? Can my Pure & Clear system be saved? Should I call a repair person? I don't even know anyone to call, I've taken care of my pool myself.
Could it be an electrical problem?
I've cleaned the cell, so that's not the problem.
Advice, please? Thanks!!

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2007 15:38

Have you tested the salt level in the pool? Get this tested and see where it sits against the recommended levels.

HTH
aGrandma

Postby aGrandma » Wed 02 May, 2007 22:53

I took a bottle of pool water to my local pool supply store and they tested all chemicals and minerals in my water and it is 100% perfect - no changes needed. There is the correct amount of salt. (I wish it were as easy as that!)
Any other ideas/advice?

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”