Opening Pool.......

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.

Opening Pool.......

Postby Guest » Fri 04 May, 2007 14:10

I just opened up our above ground pool on tuesday, four days ago. Brought the water up and got the filter going. That is working fine.

I applied shock treatment (Walmart) and some algacide. Next day is was a big difference. Although its still green, its now a light green. Shocked it again on wed. and again on thurs. Then today (friday) I managed to get to the pool store and bought some other brand of shock and shocked the pool again for the forth time.

What is the average amount of times one usually has to shock to get the water cyrstal clear?

me_too

Re: Opening Pool.......

Postby me_too » Fri 04 May, 2007 20:12

Mine took 48 hours from mud to sparkling clear.

You couldn't see the bottom of the pool while standing right beside it. Pool had a brown sludge all over the walls and the floor due to leaves.

48 hours later with binoculars you could probably read the "made in china" off of the bottom drain from the bedroom window on the second floor. From up close it looks like there's no water, and if you walk around the pool while looking at the bottom drain it's as though you're looking through a lens. Eerie.

No magic here, total cost of chemicals, about $15. And I have some left over for next year.

Above ground 18 feet.
twain220
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: Opening Pool.......

Postby twain220 » Mon 07 May, 2007 17:32

Anonymous wrote:I just opened up our above ground pool on tuesday, four days ago. Brought the water up and got the filter going. That is working fine.

I applied shock treatment (Walmart) and some algacide. Next day is was a big difference. Although its still green, its now a light green. Shocked it again on wed. and again on thurs. Then today (friday) I managed to get to the pool store and bought some other brand of shock and shocked the pool again for the forth time.

What is the average amount of times one usually has to shock to get the water cyrstal clear?

shock won't work without the rest of the chems balanced...

Start with metal out and swim-treen plus...vacuum and brush every day and let the pump run 24/7 til clear with daily backwashing..

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”