no pressure after 4 hours

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
machouse

no pressure after 4 hours

Postby machouse » Fri 04 May, 2007 20:58

hi everyone please help, i have a 20/40 built in i lose pressure every 3 to 4 hours i havent been under 20 once i have a earth filter i even sent it out to be soacked in some chemicail cleaner stuff.there are no air leaks and i back wash 6 or 7 times a day just so i can keep the pool running when i back was it stays good only for 4 to 5 hours everything seems to be flowing nicely then i loose all pressure and yes i did clean the bottom drain what esle can i do please help me lori from nj thanks for your time and have a great day

twain220
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: no pressure after 4 hours

Postby twain220 » Mon 07 May, 2007 13:55

machouse wrote:hi everyone please help, i have a 20/40 built in i lose pressure every 3 to 4 hours i havent been under 20 once i have a earth filter i even sent it out to be soacked in some chemicail cleaner stuff.there are no air leaks and i back wash 6 or 7 times a day just so i can keep the pool running when i back was it stays good only for 4 to 5 hours everything seems to be flowing nicely then i loose all pressure and yes i did clean the bottom drain what esle can i do please help me lori from nj thanks for your time and have a great day

stop drinking before you type...lol

I'm assuming you're trying to say your pump loses prime over time...
1--check the o-ring on the pump basket lid...put some 'magic lube' on it.
2--if u have gate valves (the kind you have to spin to close valves) on the suction side of the pump then replace with pvc ball valves.

Before you do any of that though, wait until it loses prime again then turn the water hose on halfway and let it run over the pump lid and the valves and the male adapter going into the front of the pump...if the pump picks up then you've found your leak.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”