Too much CYA?

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
DD

Too much CYA?

Postby DD » Mon 07 May, 2007 14:09

If I keep adding stabilized chlorine, via the sticks, it seems eventually I will have too much. Does anyone make a chlorine product that doesn't conatain CYA, for when you have enough. Draining the pool and refilling is a little extreme as a method to control CYA levels.

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Mon 07 May, 2007 17:18

Bleach and granular chlorine do not contain CYA.

HTH
DD

Bleach-really?

Postby DD » Tue 08 May, 2007 12:25

You mean clorox bleach or what ever like you use in the laundry?
IkeRay
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby IkeRay » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 22:43

that is the theory. i am skeptical too, but i just did my first dose of shocking. and i might want to add that the chlorine was ~$1.5/gal and it takes 7-8 gal to shock a 30,000 gal pool (1 gal per 1lb of shock you used to use). i used to buy 25lb buckets of zappit shock for $50, so you end up saving $12.50 per 25lbs.

ill let you know how it turns out.

and if you want to read more into it, google search for "the BBB method pool" and that should put you on the right path.
sdunlap

Postby sdunlap » Fri 08 Jun, 2007 22:10

I can attest to the BBB method. I bought a wonderful test kit from another web site, learned everything I needed to manage my pool chemicals, and I do all my own water testing. I laugh now when I see other people bringing their water sample in to the pool store for testing, and all the chemicals they buy. I like to know that I am my own pool expert, and don't have to rely on someone else to sell me chemicals I "NEED". I have had my pool for two years, never had cloudy water, or green water, or chemical imbalances that I can't control. I am eternally grateful for finding this method!! There is another web site called pool solutions (dot) com that I credit for everything I know, and the answers that I sometimes need to find. There should be such alternatives to everything in life!!!
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sat 09 Jun, 2007 16:27

poolsolutions dot com was indeed a great place to learn about your pool, however it is impossible to join as the owner has gone missing.

A lot of the same people and information are now going to www dot troublefreepool dot com. It's a great site.
DD

Postby DD » Mon 16 Jul, 2007 12:53

Since I found out about using bleach I have done a lot more research on pool chemistry. I am so happy with my new found knowledge from the internet pool forums. I've had my pool for about 5 years and spent tons of money throwing "stuff" in the water, no more! :D
DD

Postby DD » Mon 16 Jul, 2007 13:34

Since I found out about using bleach I have done a lot more research on pool chemistry. I am so happy with my new found knowledge from the internet pool forums. I've had my pool for about 5 years and spent tons of money throwing "stuff" in the water, no more! :D
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 16 Jul, 2007 15:02

DD wrote:Since I found out about using bleach I have done a lot more research on pool chemistry. I am so happy with my new found knowledge from the internet pool forums. I've had my pool for about 5 years and spent tons of money throwing "stuff" in the water, no more! :D

Yup...me too! It was a real eye opener to me when I learned that most of those expensive chemicals in the pool store are the exact same thing as the chemicals in the grocery store laundry aisle!

BBB all the way!
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
manju

skin allergy

Postby manju » Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:44

i used a swimming pool 3 times and now my face is swollen, dry,itching.is it due to the chlorine content?what should i do?
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: skin allergy

Postby Backglass » Tue 17 Jul, 2007 08:41

manju wrote:i used a swimming pool 3 times and now my face is swollen, dry,itching.is it due to the chlorine content?what should i do?

Tell the pool owner to buy a test kit, come here and learn to balance his water.

Without seeing test numbers we would just be guessing. It could be too much chlorine. It could be too little. It could be high ph. It could be low.
===============================

I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Chlorine”