Liquid Solar Blanket

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
Hotfire
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Liquid Solar Blanket

Postby Hotfire » Tue 08 May, 2007 08:16

Has anyone ever tried the liquid solar blanket? The chemical that slows heat loss by slowing evaporation? Do they work? Any comments or testimonials about them?

Hotfire

Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Inground concrete 72m2
Tiled overflow pool
2 Hp pump mono
Fiberglass sand filter 920mm
Tiled deck

Solar Fish

Postby Larry » Tue 08 May, 2007 13:49

Sorry your posts got trashed. It seems a regular word in your post started with a spam word. I've removed the filter and apologise once again.
Hotfire
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby Hotfire » Tue 08 May, 2007 16:45

No problem at all. Thank you.
Bake

Sure Hope so.

Postby Bake » Wed 09 May, 2007 11:59

I just ordered a case of HeaSavr and a pump for about $600. At 28x52 my pool is way to big for a cover.
Nicole

Tropical Fish

Postby Nicole » Fri 18 May, 2007 07:58

Evaporation accounts for up to 90% of heat loss from a swimming pool. My company sells TROPICAL FISH, a single TROPICAL FISH contains liquid which automatically floats to the surface of the pool, and acts as an evaporation inhibitor, much as a conventional solar blanket performs, only much easier to use.

The key ingredient Tropical Fish Liquid Solar Blanket is a non-toxic chemical called HEATSAVER; it is pool filter friendly, does not affect the pool's chemical balance (pH, chlorine, alkalinity) of the water, will not damage vinyl liners or any other pool surfaces, and is absolutely harmless to skin contact. You cannot see it, taste it or smell it in the pool water.
coffeemmb

liquid solar covers

Postby coffeemmb » Fri 25 May, 2007 21:54

I used the solarpill and tropical fish last season and think they worked about 50 -75% efficiency of our cover. I still use the cover early and late season because of our cold nights then in Ohio. I LOVED NOT HAVING TO UNROLL THE COVER. Someone told me that the HEATSAVER liguid is basically rubbing alcohol. Does anyone know about its chemistry and if alcohol can be used as a cheap alternative?? ps I ordered solarpills (4/29.99) from IN THE SWIM and they sent me 4 teeny solarballs and tried to convince me that they were the same product. I think it was wilful false advertising however they were returned for a credit. I will never deal with that company again.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: liquid solar covers

Postby Backglass » Tue 29 May, 2007 13:38

coffeemmb wrote:[I ordered solarpills (4/29.99) from IN THE SWIM and they sent me 4 teeny solarballs and tried to convince me that they were the same product. I think it was wilful false advertising however they were returned for a credit. I will never deal with that company again.[/b]

Really?! I have always ordered all my chemicals from www intheswim com. Their shipping is $7.95 for FedEx overnight no matter the size and better prices then my local pool store. It's a no brainer for me.

...and I have no idea about the liquid covers, although I am reasonably sure it isn't rubbing alchohol as that would evaporate even more quickly than water!
Kym

Postby Kym » Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:17

I used a solarpill last night and whereas previously I was losing four degrees overnight, last night I only lost two degrees.

I'm not yet sure if that's good enough or not - here in Ohio the pool is only 74 degrees during the day.

I will say that the $12/per pill could get pricey depending on how long they last.
yeayea

rubbing alcohol

Postby yeayea » Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:19

Ya I have tried these and I believe it was just rubbing alcohol. smelled exactly the same.
beifstu
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby beifstu » Sat 14 Jul, 2007 16:46

i can almost positively say it is not rubbing alcohol. alcohol would mix with the water and not stay on top. further more alcohol has a very high evaporation rate. it actually evaporates several times faster than water.

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”