Barracuda G4-Stays in One Place

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
JenInAz

Postby JenInAz » Tue 15 May, 2007 11:53

Hi,

Our Barracuda seems to be addited to the pool steps and can't seem to do its job in any other parts of the pool. Help! We've cleaned the filters 2 x now as directed but no help. Thoughts? Thanks

Shells

Barracuda g4

Postby Shells » Sat 08 Sep, 2007 14:57

I have the G4 and have the same issue. We didn't always though. It used to move all over the pool and just recently in the past few months, it has started just staying in one place. It used to get hung up by the steps every now and then, now it is even worse - gets stuck whereever it is. I have cleaned all the filters checked the hose for tightness and also played around with the valves to see if it was sucking too strong or something. I can't figure it out...
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Sat 08 Sep, 2007 15:20

You want to inspect your baracuda's plastic yellow diaphragm inside. Your baracuda comes with 2yr warranty so if you have receipt take back to store you bought it at and they will replace for free.

To inspect diaphragm take baracuda out of the water with pump off & unhook hose and unscrew at that end from body, it will pull out tube which unscrews and you can push it out the end. Look for hole or it being worn thin from debris. Even if your not sure and under warranty replace, they normally cost $20

When they get stuck on step & did not before it's the diaphragm needing replacement.
If it has done it from the begining, they come with hose weight and when moving it up and down hose that hooks up to the end of it can help.
Also the way step is shaped, being to rounded with floor can cause problem, you could take 1 hose off and shorten it.
HIRAM
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

G4

Postby HIRAM » Tue 29 Apr, 2008 20:11

I PUT MY G4 in service I think it sucks it gets stuck by the steps and in my opinion not cleaning very well! still I will give it a few more weeks :cry:

Postby Guest » Tue 18 Sep, 2012 12:40

I was having the same step & staying in same spot issue. I took the main nozzle apart & put it back together ...it is now roaming everywhere!!!
Michel15
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Michel15 » Tue 30 Oct, 2012 11:06

It used to get hung up by the steps every now and then, now it is even worse gets stuck where ever it is. I have cleaned all the filters checked the hose for tightness and also played around with the valves to see if it was sucking too strong or something.

Pool Accessories
PhilGarth
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My barracuda pulses just fine. It sucks just fine. It moves just fine. But, for some reason it is no longer covering the entire bottom of the pool. HELP!

Re: Barracuda G4-Stays in One Place

Postby PhilGarth » Wed 07 Sep, 2016 19:20

I also have a problem with my Barracuda. It moves, it pulses, it sucks. But, it no longer covers the entire bottom of the pool. Why?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Barracuda G4-Stays in One Place

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 06:12

Hi Phil
Please don't post in multiple places
There is a lot of usefull info in this thread, you should check them out

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”