Phosphate at 2500 HELP!

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
dogette
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Phosphate at 2500 HELP!

Postby dogette » Wed 16 May, 2007 11:06

Here I am again. Same problem as last year. Inground plaster pool with a very high amount of phosphate. 2500 or more. The tester turned dark blue. I don't know how to fix this problem nor why it stays so high. I used a phosphorus remover last year and it only went down to 1000. Then 2 days later is was back up. The other water tests are PERFECT! Can someone please help me.

Postby Guest » Wed 16 May, 2007 16:08

I have been useing Pool perfect +phosfree its all one product have not had any phosfate problems yet.
me_too

Re: Phosphate at 2500 HELP!

Postby me_too » Thu 17 May, 2007 08:30

dogette wrote:Here I am again. Same problem as last year. Inground plaster pool with a very high amount of phosphate. 2500 or more. The tester turned dark blue. I don't know how to fix this problem nor why it stays so high. I used a phosphorus remover last year and it only went down to 1000. Then 2 days later is was back up. The other water tests are PERFECT! Can someone please help me.

Is it causing problems ie high chlorine demand, algae?

If not then I would just ignore it.

This phosphate thing is the latest craze from the pool industry, an attempt to sell us even more chemicals. Five years ago we never heard of phosphates and all was well. They say that at levels > 150 ppb you may have problems. Funny thing is, the primary source of phosphates in pool water comes from . . . phosphonic acid based metal sequestrants . . . sold by the pool stores.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”