Dog Hair in Pool

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
chiplarsen

Dog Hair in Pool

Postby chiplarsen » Wed 16 May, 2007 16:31

Hi, I have a GoldenDoodle dog. She loves to swim in the pool. I have noticed at night, after the pump is off, that there dog hair floating on top of the water. Is there anything that I can do to better filter it out of the pool. Keeping the dog out is not an option now. I have an in-ground 36000 gallon pool. Thank you

Flapoolguy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Flapoolguy » Thu 17 May, 2007 07:37

we brush are dogs good before they go in the pool and use a sock bought at the pool store for the straner basket, it catches all the fur in it so it does not get in the pump and filter. but still fur gets in the pool, so you have to use the skimer net to get as much as you can out of the pool its only thing I could do for mine so far as there is no real easy way to get fur out.

Postby Guest » Thu 24 May, 2007 11:50

I guess you could also SHAVE the dog of all hair.
mamcwifey
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: Dog Hair in Pool

Postby mamcwifey » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 14:45

chiplarsen wrote:Hi, I have a GoldenDoodle dog. She loves to swim in the pool. I have noticed at night, after the pump is off, that there dog hair floating on top of the water. Is there anything that I can do to better filter it out of the pool. Keeping the dog out is not an option now. I have an in-ground 36000 gallon pool. Thank you

Try to put pantyhose over the basket in your skimmers. You will obviously have to empty this basket out more frequently because you'll be stopping a lot more from getting through the skimmer.

Hope this helps!!
*mamcwifey

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”