Green pool with salt water chlorinator

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
mcp

Green pool with salt water chlorinator

Postby mcp » Thu 17 May, 2007 20:47

I have an inground vinyl liner 25,000gal pool with a salt water chlorinator. I did not cover my pool over the winter and it is green. I removed several frogs and hundreds of tadpoles. i need some advice on where to start.

Daniel

Re: Green pool with salt water chlorinator

Postby Daniel » Fri 25 May, 2007 10:45

[quote="mcp"]I have an inground vinyl liner 25,000gal pool with a salt water chlorinator. I did not cover my pool over the winter and it is green. I removed several frogs and hundreds of tadpoles. i need some advice on where to start.[/quot

Hay there

well your on the right road with getting rid of the frogs and stuff firstly you should get rid of as much of the rubish outta your pool as you can this will help your filter when you turn it on you will need to start the filters up then give it an almighty backwash daily for a few days and then super Chlorinate it for few days as well. to kill the algi get your self a quality algieside and try this . If it is really bad you may have to empty your pool first and clean it out the algie may have gotten a good foot hold in your pool and scrubing it out first may help it a lot.

If and when you do get it up and running again prevention is way better than cure and you will need to keep a very close eye on your pool for a while. If your in for a really good summer keep an eye out for more algie blooms the sun light is what they need so keep some algieside handy shock dose your pool every once an a while to be sure. also give your pool cover a good scrub as well , no point cleaning out your pool and then dropping a big dirty cover on it then. any more probs gime a shout and all the best with it

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”