granular chlorine

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.

granular chlorine

Postby Guest » Mon 21 May, 2007 01:40

We use granular chlorine as a method of water disinfection. The problem is that we have a lot of calcium build up in the chlorine tanks.

Is there a system for sale that removes the precipitate from HTH granular form and simply dispenses the liquor chlorine solution?

me_too

Re: granular chlorine

Postby me_too » Mon 21 May, 2007 15:50

Anonymous wrote:We use granular chlorine as a method of water disinfection. The problem is that we have a lot of calcium build up in the chlorine tanks.

Is there a system for sale that removes the precipitate from HTH granular form and simply dispenses the liquor chlorine solution?

What you could do is install a bleeder valve at the bottom of the tank.

Mix your HTH in the tank and let it sit undisturbed for about an hour. The calcium will fall to the bottom, you could then open the valve and drain the calcium, basically until the water changes color.

The suction valve (I can't think of the proper name just now - the thing that connects to the suction tubing and goes into the tank) should not touch the bottom of the tank but should be at least a couple of inches from the bottom to prevent it from pumping the calcium.

Return to “Chlorine”