Help! Input Needed!

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.

Would You Consider Using This?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 3
BriPoolGuy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Help! Input Needed!

Postby BriPoolGuy » Mon 21 May, 2007 14:10

Hi everyone. I am not spamming whatsoever. I have a question that I really would love your feedback on. My father and I started a pool furniture company. I know what your thinking. But it is actually light weight tall tables and chairs that you put right in the pool or leave them outside of the pool when people are using the pool for just swimming around. Most people just sit around the pool most of the day when really the most fun (I believe) is right in the pool. Oh, it is pool liner safe.

I guess what I am asking is if you were going to get new furniture, would you consider this furniture if it was affordable? I know myself and my family have used it a lot right in the pool but could you see yourself using it and spending more time in the pool? I just want to get an idea of what people think. We think it's a great idea but to be real honest, we haven't done any kind of questionnaires to see what most people think. Our logic is if your are going to spend hundreds of dollars on a diving board for the kids, why not do the same for yourselves right?

I really really would appreciate anyones feedback on this. This is not spam, I just could really use other peoples ideas/points of view. Negative or positive ideas are welcome. Anything helps!!!

Thanks!

Bri

sls1107
I'm new here
I'm new here

pool furniture

Postby sls1107 » Mon 21 May, 2007 16:01

it is a great idea. whats it made of? how do you keep it weighted down in the pool?is it pretty? colorful? cost excpeted to be some where around? where do we get it?
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Fri 25 May, 2007 00:41

I'd really have to see an example to say for sure.
dudeguy37
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby dudeguy37 » Fri 25 May, 2007 18:10

It's actually a neat idea. The key thing is making sure that the furniture is very 'user-friendly' - i.e. Easily adjustable, simple to fold up and take out or put in the pool, and if broken- easy to replace parts for and/or cost efficient enough to replace the whole item itself without your wallet feeling like it was just kicked in the groin. People these days don't care as much about quality anymore, but rather simplistic, time-efficient things. People will pay a lot of money for something that will either 1. Save time/give them more time or 2. Enhance their free time.
KFS

Answer

Postby KFS » Tue 29 May, 2007 12:11

Also, I'm a worrier by nature but my first thought is "how does this effect the liner warranty?"

I'd presume that somewhere in the liner warranty it says "warranty void if furniture or other items are placed in the pool?" -- or if not, once you make record sales it will!

Not to be a downer but I'd want more assurance - and long-term proof that these were "liner safe" - particularly if children were involved.

Otherwise, it's not really for me but I only have a 24" round above-ground. It sounds like more of an inground thing.

Good luck with your venture!

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”