Filter Valve Gone Haywire

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Hemlock

Filter Valve Gone Haywire

Postby Hemlock » Fri 25 May, 2007 18:41

I have a Hayward Filter and Pump that I bought exactly 1 year and 10 days ago. That makes it 10 days past the replacement warranty...go figure. :( The pump works great...knock on wood. When I put the filter on "filter" water comes out the backwash AND the water return. When I put it on recirculate the water does fine and goes from skimmer back into pool. When I put it on backwash, waste or rinse, nothing happens at all. The pump runs but water seems to go nowhere. I checked all the hoses and everything is clear. I checked the seal on the filter and it is in place just fine. Oh...the handle on the filter top is floppy, almost like it isn't sitting properly. I tried kicking it but that didn't work. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Above Ground 33' Pool

Hemlock

Just to let you know

Postby Hemlock » Sat 26 May, 2007 18:44

:oops: OK the problem is fixed and I am not taking blame on this one. My husband had switched the water return and the skimmer hose. Which explains the reason that it worked on circulate and nothing else. Now the hoses are where they are supposed to be and everything is running fine. This is so funny since we have had a pool forever and have never done this. So if anyone has this problem...don't overlook the obvious. :wink:
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sat 26 May, 2007 20:39

Glad you figured out the problem.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”