Small CinderBlock Fell In Pool over Winter...

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Fri 01 Jun, 2007 00:05

This is great news! Congrats on your diligence. Hopefully it won't be much longer and you'll be back in balance.

Not sure I'd use soda ash, it will raise your TA and quickly and I believe your TA is already a little high.

You can use Sodium Tetraborate (Borax) to raise pH without raising TA. It's sold in some pool stores as a water conditioner to prevent algae and is under some brand names as ProTeam Supreme or Bioguard Optimizer. It's also the same thing as 20 Mule Team Borax, sold at your grocery store. It's a green box. The preferred method to raise pH is aeration. You can even use the hose of an air compressor to get bubbles into your pool. You are leaving the pool cover off I hope - your pool needs air more than anything right now to raise your pH.

It's time to get yourself a decent test kit so you can test your Calcium Hardness, CYA and do a FAS/DPD test of chlorine.

Sounds like you are doing a great job and the end may be near so you can relax and enjoy your pool with little maintenance once it's in balance.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”