Foam in water

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
keith steiner

Foam in water

Postby keith steiner » Sun 27 May, 2007 11:34

I have foam in the water, and called a pool store. They said that it just takes time to filter out bad chemicals probably caused this to happen, but of course its not working. I also have a grayish color substance in the skimmer top and walls. All we have done so far is shock the pool, everything is fine with chemical levels. Help. Thank you

dand
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby dand » Tue 29 May, 2007 18:16

I seem to have the same issue this year. I noticed it the day after I put the algecide in, but it has lasted for a few days. If anyone has any info, let us know. Thanks! :D
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Thu 31 May, 2007 00:38

Algecides tend to put too many phosphates in your pool and cause foaming. Keep your pump running and it should clear up.
dand
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby dand » Thu 07 Jun, 2007 16:33

Been running the filter 24/7. Cleared up after a few days. Thanks for the advice. :)
sage217

foam

Postby sage217 » Sun 17 Jun, 2007 14:53

I had a black, oily substance ruin my solar cover, it stayed close to the jet of "clean water"...i ditched the solar cover and now i have a fine foam, it looks like ice break up (angular). it isnt soapy...just like a fine mirange. Is this from algacide? it comes from filter it seems...HELP
Fission7x
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Fission7x » Sun 01 Jul, 2007 09:42

Most likely what you're seeing is proteins from the breakdown of various organic material that is in your pool. Once you get get your algae problem cleaned up, they will go away.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”