Pool Water Problems

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
raymansmith89
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Pool Water Problems

Postby raymansmith89 » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 02:00

Great Work!!! An excellent article. Thank you for sharing. I also think that the same think regular pool cleaning is necessary because pool water contains harmful organisms are not visible and their results not immediately apparent; the importance of monitoring the swimming pool water cannot be stressed enough. I also read this article about robotic pool cleaner that helps to clean your pool at very high speed.

poolresearcher
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby poolresearcher » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 15:35

I'm researching how pool owners deal with pool water problems similar to the ones in this thread. If you could fill out this survey that would be much appreciated.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4026&p=38778#p38778
welld
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Dimensions : 10 x 20, 15 x 30, and 20 x 40, Gunite, Sand Filter Pump

Postby welld » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 22:52

Thanks for sharing the article, it was a good read.
marvinwalters
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby marvinwalters » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:02

Thanks for sharing an informative article.
marvinwalters
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby marvinwalters » Thu 25 May, 2017 01:14

Such problems are commonly faced by the pool owners. This is reason why regular cleaning and proper maintenance is a must.
Scottadesign
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Scottadesign » Wed 02 Aug, 2017 00:07

Yes, really you shared such a nice article. We should clean our pool regularly. If you want to design and want to give a adorable look to your pool then you can visit me
disently1971
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: polygroup summer pool size is 50,50

Postby disently1971 » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 14:53

thank you for all this appropriate information,

except this take a look at the swimming pool water for mixed Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness. the 2 areas which might be most probable to motive cloudy pool water are the pH and the Calcium Hardness.
victoriabam
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby victoriabam » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 09:46

Thanks for posting a thread for pools. Its my good luck to be here.
Water19
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: size 60m3

Postby Water19 » Thu 15 Aug, 2019 10:59

When the pool turns green, this is usually due to algae sticking to the inside. Algae develops very fast so we need to take care of them as soon as they occur.

See here PH measurement test

SOLUTION: Brush the sides of the pool and the floor with a special hard plastic brush. Adjust the pH between 7.4 – 7.6. Hypochlorite to 10 ppm and add alginic acid according to the label instructions.

Because it is difficult to eradicate algae roots we need to continue the dose of algae and still hyperchlorination until we are sure there are no algae roots.

Last but not least, we have to pay more attention to the dead spots of the pool. If algae persists, slow-release tablets should be added at these points.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 16 Aug, 2019 03:47

Water19 wrote:When the pool turns green, this is usually due to algae sticking to the inside. Algae develops very fast so we need to take care of them as soon as they occur.

See here PH measurement test

SOLUTION: Brush the sides of the pool and the floor with a special hard plastic brush. Adjust the pH between 7.4 – 7.6. Hypochlorite to 10 ppm and add alginic acid according to the label instructions.

Because it is difficult to eradicate algae roots we need to continue the dose of algae and still hyperchlorination until we are sure there are no algae roots.

Last but not least, we have to pay more attention to the dead spots of the pool. If algae persists, slow-release tablets should be added at these points.

Better to follow the Slam (Shock Level and Maintain) procedure with relation to your CYA in the Chlorine / CYA Chart
Dmccarthy56
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20000 ga

Postby Dmccarthy56 » Mon 20 Jul, 2020 18:33

Have had swimming pool in rental for many years. Current tenant does not use it. Pool turned green so draining now. Any suggestions on just leaving it empty until spring
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 21 Jul, 2020 16:40

You have to be careful draining because the pool can pop out if you have a water table unless you have have a hydrostatic release valve in your main drain

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”