I keep getting Hozed!

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
mmm6075
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

I keep getting Hozed!

Postby mmm6075 » Thu 31 May, 2007 21:28

My hoses do not want to stay attached to my pump. They will work fine for a while, but sometimes when I am vacuuming, the pressure I guess builds up and my hose will come off, and water goes everywhere.
I have them attached with those metal deals with the screws in them (the name escapes me), and I cannot make them any tighter then they already are (I don't want to damage the pump hose fittings.

Are there any solutions that will help me keep my hoses from coming loose?

thanks

billboard_ne
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby billboard_ne » Fri 08 Jun, 2007 20:31

use two hose clamps per fitting, tighten with a 5/16 nut driver, a screwdriver may not allow you to tighten them up enough. Don't worry you wont hurt the fittings. The clamps should break before the fittings are damaged.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Fri 08 Jun, 2007 21:05

I had an above ground pool in the past with the same problem. No matter what I tried, the hoses leaked or flew off at all the wrong times.

I finally got fed up, went to Home Depot, bought a bunch of pipe and fittings and hard plumbed it with PVC. Never had a problem again, and it really didn't cost very much. I put unions on both lines so I could disconnect the whole mess and put it in my garage during the winter.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”