How to backfill an above ground pool

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
newtopools
I'm new here
I'm new here

How to backfill an above ground pool

Postby newtopools » Sun 03 Jun, 2007 15:20

I just had a 52" above ground pool installed. But they do not backfill or landscape. They told me to put plastic down when backfilling to keep water off of the pool. Is this correct? Do I put plastic down, then the dirt, then the weed barrier and finally the rock? Please excuse my ignorance but I have no clue what they are talking about and I am unable to get an answer out of the company.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Tbone

Re: How to backfill an above ground pool

Postby Tbone » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 22:30

newtopools wrote:I just had a 52" above ground pool installed. But they do not backfill or landscape. They told me to put plastic down when backfilling to keep water off of the pool. Is this correct? Do I put plastic down, then the dirt, then the weed barrier and finally the rock? Please excuse my ignorance but I have no clue what they are talking about and I am unable to get an answer out of the company.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

I'm in the same boat, would love to know...

Postby Guest » Fri 03 Aug, 2007 16:56

I just put up an AG and I used my old liner up against the pool wall and earth. It's under the ground about 3-4" on one side of the pool.

The instructions said that I should wait a week after install and then use this plastic stuff so I just used my old liner and trimmed to ground level. This should be done to help prevent it from rusting and rotting. (It WILL)

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”