Reduce Total Alkalinity Levels

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
doug

no chlorine reading

Postby doug » Fri 07 Oct, 2016 04:31

if you are putting loads of chlorine in and getting zero reading you have chlorine lock often caused by over high levels of stabiliser usually cyanuric acid will require a water change up to 75% and future monitoring of cyanuric levels 30-50 ppm is ideal range more will reduce percentage of free chlorine and eventually lead to chlorine lock also chlorine dosing should be carefully measured not dump in by the shed load hope this helps

SteveO

Re: Reduce Total Alkalinity Levels

Postby SteveO » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 17:03

Thanks for all of this helpful info. I came up with a cool way to aerate the pool. It used parts that many pool owners will have and it has been helping, so I figured I would share. I read that rain was good for aeration as the drops splashed on the surface. So, along those lines, I placed my pool cover pump into my pool and connected the output hose to a sprinkler that is spraying the pumped water back into the pool. The pumped water is getting aerated as it is sprayed, and the surface water is getting aerated as the water splashed down. Its bee running about an hour now and I can already see the bottom of the pool :D Hope this helps others.
JillD
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: Inground 16x32 pool

Postby JillD » Wed 19 Jul, 2017 19:22

I Am jumping on this post As I can't figure out how to post a new post..... need help!!

I was suppose to put 4kg of alka plus in my pool and I put in 8kg! Was told by pool store to pt in whole bucket so I did then saw it was 8kg, I dumped in around pool all at once.... what can I do now? Just get it re-checked???
JillD
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: Inground 16x32 pool

Postby JillD » Wed 19 Jul, 2017 20:16

My initial reading TA was 77
Denniswiseman
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 20 Jul, 2017 16:52

If your pH is stable leave it alone

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”