New To pools

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Andy
I'm new here
I'm new here

New To pools

Postby Andy » Mon 04 Jun, 2007 13:54

Hey guys first of glad I found this site because this is my first pool. WE bought a house and have a 19000 gallon inground pool. We use chlorine. I have a little problem. I have put this stuff called phosfree in twice (pool place said to) also shocked it Thursaday night. First off the phosfree stuff acted like it caused psi on pump to rise the first time I added it (on wed). I shocked (like I said thursday) and pool became really cloudy stayed that way for 24 hr pool place said backwash i did 12 hours it cleared up. They gave me more phosfree psi came up 4 psi but the real problem I have is I keep getting this gray stuff at the bottom edges like where the wall meets the floor and now notice it in patches on in various places of the pool. I have never seen any growth in the pool but is that still stuff that has died and if so why do I have to keep vaccuming it up. I can see the starts of it forming again whithin 3 hours or so. Like I said it is a grey real soft looking substance that dissapears if you touch it with something. Please any help will be much appreciated . Thanks again guys and glad to have found ya

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Mon 04 Jun, 2007 22:53

I think it's pretty normal to see cloudiness when you initially treat for phosphates. I'm also thinking they usually have you use some clarifier when you treat for phosphates, as well.

If you haven't been using clarifier, you probably are seeing the phosphate residue.

I would vacuum to waste, if you can and use some clarifier.

Postby Guest » Wed 06 Jun, 2007 19:49

thanks I will give it a try.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”