New Install off level

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
Weet Pee
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Weet Pee » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 12:45

We installed it ourselves, my husband did everything right in the install except it seems getting the property completely level. The circumference was level all the way around where he placed the blocks, he used a 6 foot carpenters level to verify, but when the water went in it wasn't completely level from front to back. We thought it was visual, so we filled it to the top, over the day and half the water looked more off level (most likely was, we just couldn't see it at first for the pool liner/ thought is was the liner). We have verified now (two weeks later) that the water is off level 1 1/2". We live in Canada where our property does get frost and is solid clay, we are however going to leave it for the season over the winter, if it is still off or worse we will fix in the spring. I guess we should have used a different kind of level verification method. We are learning lots of things about pools. Would post a photo but can't figure out how.

HydroForce2007

Postby HydroForce2007 » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 12:51

Thank you, NWMNMom.

So far, so good, I think. We set the pool down in the most level spot in our yard and have installed it ourselves....yikes!!! We're still laying sod under low spots....gradient?...slope?

This a.m. we had a major rainfall, so we took the solar cover off. The water in the pool went from 2'2"-2'4" deep to 2'8" all the way around, North, East, South, West. The water from the water truck was slightly yellow a couple of days ago, but since it rained, it's perfectly clear.

I don't think we will have a frost until October, unless you're speaking of permafrost, which we don't have here, but we do have some clay.

We don't want any more water so we should put the solar cover back on.

My husband was fretting (me, too, but silently) about the mess (danger?) it could cause if it doesn't work (collapses?) and also when we wrap it up in the fall...it's like a big, blue mushroom that just keeps growing on the lawn. I said maybe we can make a cement pad there in the fall (he has a cement mixer), coming straight out from the deck and he brightened.

Then next spring, we can place the pool directly on the cement pad???
HydroForce2007

Postby HydroForce2007 » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 12:53

Oops, sorry. :oops:

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”