Dirt through Jets

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
DeeB

Dirt through Jets

Postby DeeB » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 14:03

When I vacuum what is being taken off the bottom is coming out of the jets. Filter/Pool is only on it's 3rd season. I did not have this problem any previous year!! Can anybody help???????????

DanO

Need more info

Postby DanO » Wed 06 Jun, 2007 22:54

I think we would need to know a lot more about your system in order to try to help you diagnose the problem. Like what kind of pool it is, what kind of filter, what kind of maintenance you've done lately, what positions the valves are set in, etc.
DeeB

Need more info

Postby DeeB » Thu 07 Jun, 2007 06:47

Vinyl Inground, Hayward Sand Filter, 13,000 gall, Gas Heater, Auto Chlorinator - this season will be the 3rd season for this system. Opened pool Friday and have been trying to get rid of green algae problem and get water balanced - but everytime I try to vacuum the stuff goes back into pool. I have been vacuuming to waste for 3 days now.
JFP

same problem

Postby JFP » Sat 23 Jun, 2007 11:37

I have the same problem with a much larger pool. I am told that the problem lies in the filter control valve (hayward ). Evidently there is crossover inside the valve due to the gasket being worn or damaged. My valve is only 3 years old as well. It seems the "spider gasket" separates the various functions indicated on the valve. I got a new gasket today; we shall see! More to follow, hope this helps.
JFP

Re: same problem

Postby JFP » Sun 24 Jun, 2007 18:45

JFP wrote:I have the same problem with a much larger pool. I am told that the problem lies in the filter control valve (hayward ). Evidently there is crossover inside the valve due to the gasket being worn or damaged. My valve is only 3 years old as well. It seems the "spider gasket" separates the various functions indicated on the valve. I got a new gasket today; we shall see! More to follow, hope this helps.

It worked! The gasket that separated two of the chambers had lifted up and allowed dirty water to return to the pool. Now I need to fix other problems. It never ends!
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Sun 24 Jun, 2007 20:51

FYI: It is recommended that you always turn your multi-port valve in the same direction (clockwise, etc). Even if you need to go back one "notch", go all the way around instead.

It will help prevent spider-gasket problems.
jfp

dirt thru jets

Postby jfp » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 11:41

To add more info.; the spider gasket is glued down. In my case the one leg that came up was hardly glued at all. You need to buy a special type of crazy glue to install a new one. But the whole thing is an easy operation.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”