Noisy pump

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Alan
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Noisy pump

Postby Alan » Thu 07 Jun, 2007 06:31

Our new intex pump seems a little noisy. Is this normal? Any one else have a noisy one?

stump1000

Re: Noisy pump

Postby stump1000 » Wed 20 Jun, 2007 21:28

Alan wrote:Our new intex pump seems a little noisy. Is this normal? Any one else have a noisy one?

My new Intex pump is also Nosiey. Sounds like its grinding up rocks. I dont think its normal. My friend has one thats quiet.
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Wed 20 Jun, 2007 21:49

Perhaps it's possible you have a rock at the impeller?

I don't know a thing about Intex pumps. Most pool pumps have a hair/lint basket at one end. Turn the pump off, pull the basket out and feel in the hole that goes into the pump to check if there is anything caught in the impeller.
pgkinno

Postby pgkinno » Thu 21 Jun, 2007 20:27

This may sound like a silly comment - but when I set up our intex pool - the video made a point of checking to make sure that the filter was seated properly - did you check that before you filled the pool - maybe it is something as simple as the filter isn't in straight and it's bumping against the sides of the pump?

don't know - but it's worth checking out if you haven't...
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Thu 21 Jun, 2007 20:30

...or air in the pump/filter? Air can make a lot of noise, believe it or not!

Postby Guest » Thu 23 Aug, 2007 22:45

The impeller is probably bad. I have one that doesnt have any blade left at all. Leaf stopped up the line and the impeller imploded. I have been trying to find a replacement for it but so far no luck.
tarheel4545

intex pool pump

Postby tarheel4545 » Mon 27 Aug, 2007 21:01

Yes I opened mine up and found the same problem with the impeller. Even their own web site doesn't sell the impeller. That is exactly what I am doing on here looking for an intex pool impeller. I would rather buy another pump from another manufacturer than buy one from intex. I have been looking at the koi pond filters and pumps for a pool the size of mine.
Lteisseyre

Postby Lteisseyre » Mon 05 May, 2008 00:25

Hello,

If you still have noise issues, I have a new product (patent pending) that is the solution to your noise problem. It will reduce noise by 75-90%

I can be contacted at info(at)premierinnov(dot)com and I will email you a brochure or visit www(dot)premierinnov(dot)com

Regards,

LGT
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Fri 09 May, 2008 21:25

These intex pumps sound very cheap. Impellers shouldnt grind down like that- especially from some leaves. Get a real pool pump. A grinding or screaching noise usually means bad motor bearings, however, a similar noise could be the impeller.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
njshorepools
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby njshorepools » Sun 11 May, 2008 13:33

Lteisseyre wrote:Hello,

If you still have noise issues, I have a new product (patent pending) that is the solution to your noise problem. It will reduce noise by 75-90%

I can be contacted at info(at)premierinnov(dot)com and I will email you a brochure or visit www(dot)premierinnov(dot)com

Regards,

LGT

checked it out... not a bad idea...
a SAFE pool is a HAPPY pool...

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”