p[ool pump wiring problem

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
jojo2

p[ool pump wiring problem

Postby jojo2 » Fri 08 Jun, 2007 22:11

Ok here's my problem. My friend was having a suction problem with pool. It looked as if impeller was clogged. I removed pump/motor. Took it in for check up. It returned in Fine shape. I rewired it and nothing happens. Motor is dead. There were three wires total. Two yellow and one green. When I reemoved the wires, I marked one yellow wire which attached to the A post. It looked like the other was on the B post. I reattached the same way and the greeen to ground. Nothing happens. I can hear a faint humming sound coming from the heater. I don't understand that at all since the wires are entirely different. I checked the circuit breaker. Nothing was tripped. Could I have wired it wrong? There are 4 posts at the motor. One is A, One B, one L1 and one L2. I currently have them wired to A and B and green to ground. Any advice?

PoolRobR
I'm new here
I'm new here

Manual?

Postby PoolRobR » Sat 09 Jun, 2007 07:42

Maybe you can track down a manual for the motor on the web somewhere, which should give you the info you need to wire it back up.

Hope that's helpful.

Rob

Postby Guest » Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:57

As a matter of fact I did just that. Silly me had it wired wrong. I called a pool company to ask "If I have it wired wrong, what's the worst that could happen?" I was told that if it's 220v, no harm would come of it. Just switch the wires again and try it. Now it's running, BUT there's the original problem still facing us. There isn't much pressure. I'm fairly sure it's clogged up along the line. I've tried several things and ways to break it loose, but so far, no luck. She can't afford professional help right now. That's why I'm helping when I can. Trial and error. I hope to get it right before the algae takes over. I'm seriously considering running a flexible line such as weed eater line through the vacuum side of the skimmers to break up whatever it is. Can't hurt to try, right? Wish me luck. Thanx for your help. Will tell how I did it when I get it clear.
PoolRobR
I'm new here
I'm new here

Plumbers Snake

Postby PoolRobR » Mon 11 Jun, 2007 04:27

Maybe you could rent a plumbers snake, and feed that through the skimmer until you reach the pump basket, depending on how far it is. That should work better if the obstruction is firmly in there.

Rob

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”