or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
jemsriki
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: mm

POOL WATER IS BROWN (THE COLOR OF TEA)

Postby jemsriki » Fri 19 Aug, 2011 03:37

Ok, don't worry there is the products of ours which is more capable to remove your depressions.If you want to buy our product,So please contact with us..............

stan-hellroad

Postby stan-hellroad » Tue 10 Jul, 2012 19:34

:thumbup: my pool was also brown, for 15 yrs used well water, never a problem...this year 1st time ever had alge bloom, used algecide & later shock & choclate milk brown....24 x 4 pool , 2 weeks later and $175 pool chemicals & dozens of water samples to the pool store,,,,I was ready do dump the pool...I found on the net a lady that had the same problem,,,tghey made a homemade filter using the fibre from the inside of a house pillow,.......I made one and it works....when i saw the inside of the filter after 12 hrs,the brown / orange gunk was getting filtered out ,every 4-6 hours i would take the filters out of the pool & rinsetill clear,,, i made another one,and after 2 days, my pool was green, 2 more days, my pool was clear 1more day pool was perfectly clear..........i used a sump pump hose into a 3 gallon plastic bucketfilled with pilow fluff,and put small holes on the bottom for the water to come out, the other one i put a conector on the return water jet into the pool with a 2 ft hose into a hole i cut in a pilow,and put a hose clamp over it...total 5-6 days later my pool clear,no chemicals,only kept chlorine tabs in my floater
stan-hellroad

Postby stan-hellroad » Tue 10 Jul, 2012 19:37

stan-hellroad wrote::thumbup: my pool was also brown, for 15 yrs used well water, never a problem...this year 1st time ever had alge bloom, used algecide & later shock & choclate milk brown....24 x 4 pool , 2 weeks later and $175 pool chemicals & dozens of water samples to the pool store,,,,I was ready do dump the pool...I found on the net a lady that had the same problem,,,tghey made a homemade filter using the fibre from the inside of a house pillow,.......I made one and it works....when i saw the inside of the filter after 12 hrs,the brown / orange gunk was getting filtered out ,every 4-6 hours i would take the filters out of the pool & rinsetill clear,,, i made another one,and after 2 days, my pool was green, 2 more days, my pool was clear 1more day pool was perfectly clear..........i used a sump pump hose into a 3 gallon plastic bucketfilled with pilow fluff,and put small holes on the bottom for the water to come out, the other one i put a conector on the return water jet into the pool with a 2 ft hose into a hole i cut in a pilow,and put a hose clamp over it...total 5-6 days later my pool clear,no chemicals,only kept chlorine tabs in my floater
vincent jay

Postby vincent jay » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 04:06

hi guys/girls my pool is 25'x15' with 4 to 10 feet deep. it became brown after i refill it wit deep well water can u guys help me? and also i have no clue how many gallons of water in my swimming pool .please help me ^^
vincent jay

Postby vincent jay » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 04:08

hi guys/girls my pool is 25'x15' with 4 to 10 feet deep. it became brown after i refill it wit deep well water can u guys help me? and also i have no clue how many gallons of water in my swimming pool .please help me ^^
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 20:55

See Metals in the Water and Metal Stains. You most likely have iron in your well water. You might try first filtering it out as best you can. If you have a sand filter you can Add DE to a Sand Filter to improve filtration. You can get a Slime Bag as well. Then after removing all particulate matter you can use a metal sequestrant to keep the rest of the iron from staining pool surfaces.
wicked139
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Started using well water and went to town water after it turned a tea colour, thought with more town water than we'll water it would come back but it isn't and I added purox, shock it and algiside nothing happened help its a 13x22 pool please don't make me empty iy

Postby wicked139 » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 23:58

Help help my water is brown too started with well water and went to town water figured it would come back because there was more town water than we'll water, but it didn't . Please help me I don't want to empty this pool it is 13x22. Help me please
CrystalSue

Postby CrystalSue » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 10:44

I have we'll water and the same problem I went to Walmart and in the camping section they have filters for RVs and camping and such get one of those for the end of your hose and it filters the well water
Jody Bone

Postby Jody Bone » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 12:17

I had the same problem years ago, I found out that well water has alot of phosphates in it, you have to kill them first. If you put the stuff at Leslies pool supply, it kills phosphates, give it a couple of days to kill them before you add chlorine. It turns out algie thrives on phosphates so get rid of them before you add chlorine
jodybone

Postby jodybone » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 12:25

Kill the phosphate before you put chlorine in it, at Leslies pool supply get the phoso stuff, you have to do that, kill the phosphate first with well water
paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Re: POOL WATER IS BROWN (THE COLOR OF TEA)

Postby paulbest » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 21:41

pool water turns brown due to high iron levels. with that, if pool water is acidic, it will deteriorate metal equipment in the pool causing excess iron into the water. the known solution for this is shocking or also known as super chlorination. chlorine oxidizes the iron and turns it into rust causing it to settle out of the pool water.

https://www.reference.com/home-garden/e ... =learnMore
Ditlevsen

Postby Ditlevsen » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 23:25

An old post. Still yet relavant.
I have a small 1000 gallon pool. In the philippines.
Stuff here is hard to find.
So I use what we can get.
Household items.
The water is dirty from mud and iron.
But I still manage to get it clean in about 24 hrs. when filling it up.
I use following - so far..
Some general chlorine cleaner, like clorox I think it is called. 0.1 gallon per 1000 gallon water.
Added after sun set. Let the pump run over night.
Have a 2000 gallon sandfilter pump. Filled with plain riversand.
In the morning the algae is dead (actually almost instantly), and the water is brownish from iron.
I then add maybe 1/2 a cup of white vinegar.
After 10 min it is clear. And the iron has settled on the bottom.
Will see if i killed the chlorine as well by doing so, but now I can start to fine tune the clear water in the pool.
Hope this helped someone out there.
Happy splashing.
poolresearcher
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby poolresearcher » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 15:32

I'm researching pool water problems similar to the ones reported in this thread. If you could fill out this survey https://goo.gl/forms/PLpN6UrKHJMgEmAI2 that would be much appreciated.

Thank you
dcolby

Postby dcolby » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 17:10

For everyone who has shocked their pool that has been filled with well water, here's the answer....we tried everything, filtering, scale metal treatment, CYA, nothing worked..I bougt Iron Out at Walmart, according to your size pool, I put 3 quarts in my above ground pool, 18ft X 48", within 10 minutes the water was clear and I couldn't be more happier. Every site I tried really didn't have any help to offer...but this works...Happy Summer
Ninab

Postby Ninab » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 23:07

Thank you to Colby. You suggested Using "Iron Out" (purchased at Walmart) to clear up the brown well water caused by the iron in the water when adding chlorine. It was amazing. Easiest and cheapest problem solver. Within 3 hours, our 15,000 gallon pool was crystal clear.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”