Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
cowrack
I'm new here
I'm new here

Another AG Leveling Question - Prep work

Postby cowrack » Sun 10 Jun, 2007 22:35

I hired out the local landscape company to level a 30 circular spot for an AG pool (pool is 24, but I wanted some extra spacE). Using a laser level/transit I checked and I would estimate the whole thing is about 3-4 inches off from the high to low side. Is this normal? My questions is I paid to level a 30 foot circle, what would you say is the acceptable vaiance in height? to me, +- 1 inch would be ok (but I would prefer 0)
I have had them out twice, but I feel the job they are doing is NOT acceptable (plus, I would have to dig out the spaces between the bricks for the track, and the bottom would be all out of whack). They left the spot not even too (kind like what happens when a car drives over a pile of dirt, tracks in it).

Am I crazy? or just being *spamm*?

Thanks
Jamie

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sun 10 Jun, 2007 23:20

There isn't ever much of a response here. I would suggest that you go to www dot troublefreepool dot com. There are a lot of people over there with AG pools and vinyl IG pools that will help you with your questions.
just reading

variance

Postby just reading » Tue 27 May, 2008 19:45

With you using a transit. you should be able to maintain a .25" variance with it. My wife and I did it last summer and neither one of us knew what we were doing and we were able to maintain a .25" variance over the entire pool. Sounds like they did sloppy work.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”