Newbie with two questions about his filter and skimmer.

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
geohul
I'm new here
I'm new here

Newbie with two questions about his filter and skimmer.

Postby geohul » Sun 17 Jun, 2007 17:01

OK. I have a pool with only one skimmer at the deep end of my pool. When we opened it for the sumer I lifted the skimmer basket and was confronted by a hocky puck looking thing ( I think it's called a float valve assembly) underneath it that was over the drain and vaccum lines. My question is should I be leaving this in while I'm filtering, or should I leave it out. I run my filter 24/7 and seem to get better results with it ( the hocky puck) out of the skimmer. If I do leave it in does it go slim side down or fat side down? If I leave it out when do I need to put it back in?

My next question is I have a Jucuzzi 250L-7 filter and want t add some filter cleaner to it. Where do I put the filter cleaner? Do I just poor it in the pool? Do I open the filter basket and poor it in there? A little help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise my water looks great, my PH is stable, and the water is clear. I'm just concerend that my PSI is a little under 30 instead of the 10 range the manufacturer suggests.

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sun 17 Jun, 2007 19:31

My float valve assembly sounds a little different than yours. Mine, I would describe as looking like a space ship with a hockey puck inside it.
Underneath is a swivel type flap that you open or close to affect the flow from the main drain.

Yes, you do need it for your main drain to work. It will reduce your skimming but that's okay. Both work in tandem. You want some flow from your main drain as well as some from your skimmer.
geohul
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby geohul » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 17:10

Thanks. Your description is much better than mine, and sounds exactly the same. Do I need to put the assembly valve hockey puck side down or space ship side down?
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 21:44

The wide part down. You adjust the pivoting flap to affect the flow from your main drain.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”