pool leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
jc

pool leak

Postby jc » Sun 24 Apr, 2005 22:02

just wanted to share my experience i had a leak in my concrete pool i had 2 different pool companies come to find the problem both claimed to have 40 years experience both told me i had a leak in my return lines both wanted to charge$ 10,000 both were wrong
thank god there are still some honest people out there my leak was found to be around my skimmer the repair cost $226 and that was only because he had to pressure check my lines after that showed no problem he looked at the skimmer and realized what it was
be careful lots of crooks out there
stardust pools in nj saved me alot of money

Pool Leak

Swimming pool leak

Postby Pool Leak » Sun 15 Jan, 2006 07:40

Three cheers for Stardust. I have found that some companies give a quote on the worst case scenario and rather than establish the problem, they go for the gold.

It's a pity really, as there are some extremely competent and professional pool service pros out there. When it comes to swimming pool leaks, it is truly a minefield and many companies are loathe to undertake the job.

Great forums like this can give us pool owners some guidance as to how to approach our pool problems and issues, as well as point us in the direction of the "right guys".

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”