Recharge question

The Pool Wizard, Nature2, the Frog and other mineral systems for
simpler pool care. Non-chlorine Pristine Blue, Rainforest Blue and similar.

Recharge question

Postby Guest » Thu 21 Jun, 2007 11:45

Hi,
I just ordered a new system after researching this and your competitors, since customer satisfaction seems very high, algae control seems high, and cost effectiveness is best. My question regards the recharge rate.

Based on admin posts in this forum, it seems the wizard recharge rate varies from pool to pool. One admin post suggested two recharge units for a 27,000 gallon, which is one less than the calculator. Another post said the product testing has shown a pool used 4 to 5 months a year only requires recharge every 11 to 14 months. Also, startup requires only one charger for the 17,000 gallon, which leads me to believe one is enough for recharge.

Based on these posts, I was wondering if a 17,000 gallon pool, with a cartridge filter (meaning high water retention), used 4-5 months out of the year, could use only one recharge every 12 months? Or should it be more like one every 9 months? Or two every 12 months? I'd like to use the right amount for the greatest savings and benefit to my pool. I don't want to be cheap, but I don't want to waste money on excess either.

Thanks in advance!

Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Install the Pool Wizard

Postby Larry » Thu 05 Jul, 2007 17:00

a 17,000 gallon pool, with a cartridge filter (meaning high water retention), used 4-5 months out of the year
would need one Pool Wizard in the first year and one Recharger at the start of each swimming season in year two and year three.

Return to “Swimming Pool Mineral Systems”