shock and awe

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
pooldad07

shock and awe

Postby pooldad07 » Thu 21 Jun, 2007 20:30

after 3 weeks of clear, green, cloudy, clear,cloudy, turqoise, cloudy green water I decided to follow the advice of several of you on this great list. I only have the 4 strip tester but last year it worked fine.

30,000 in gound, liner
todays levels....
tc-around 8-10
fc 10
ph 7.5
ak- 150

I use the 3 inch tabs. I have kept these levels almost all summer but my pool seems to never stay clear. I just started my shock therapy with 9 gallons of bleach. Last week my water was clear but my entire liner was shrek green. easy fix was to vac to waste. This time my liner is perfect but the water is green. Why am I getting two types of Algae conditions???? I am on a well and have added water from time to time. Should I test for copper?

Do you have to kill every single spec of algae? I will shock for the next 2-3 nights and run my filter non stop. All equip is brand new... Any opinions or help would be appreciated...

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: shock and awe

Postby Backglass » Thu 21 Jun, 2007 20:33

pooldad07 wrote:after 3 weeks of clear, green, cloudy, clear,cloudy, turqoise, cloudy green water I decided to follow the advice of several of you on this great list. I only have the 4 strip tester but last year it worked fine.

30,000 in gound, liner
todays levels....
tc-around 8-10
fc 10
ph 7.5
ak- 150

I use the 3 inch tabs. I have kept these levels almost all summer but my pool seems to never stay clear. I just started my shock therapy with 9 gallons of bleach. Last week my water was clear but my entire liner was shrek green. easy fix was to vac to waste. This time my liner is perfect but the water is green. Why am I getting two types of Algae conditions???? I am on a well and have added water from time to time. Should I test for copper?

Do you have to kill every single spec of algae? I will shock for the next 2-3 nights and run my filter non stop. All equip is brand new... Any opinions or help would be appreciated...

With all that chlorine and well water, it could very well be copper...green after shocking is the telltale sign. You should test for it to rule it out.

Also do you know what your CYA levels are? If they are crazy-high, that still might not be enough chlorine believe it or not.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”