Arggggg algae

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Arggggg algae

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:59

Pool stores are in the business of selling and your numbers are subject to operator error and lighting
Powder is definately not better unless you are differenciating between Trichlor/Dichlor and Cal-Hypo but you would still be increasing your Calcium hardness
When slamming turn off your SWCG and use plain bleach (sodium hypochlorite)
You need to know your CYA level to be able to dose your chlorine for the correct shock level as recommended in Chlorine / CYA Chart
Slamming is not just a one off dose but a constant maintaining level, that is why you need your own test kit
Morning. Take a reading and add sufficient chlorine to reach your shock level
Midday. Take another reading and add sufficient chlorine to reach your shock level
Evening. Take another reading and add sufficient chlorine to reach your shock level
Repeat untill you reach the three criteria in the slamming process in my previous post
The amount of chlorine needed will diminish as you complete the slam

debt.disappear
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: RE: Re: Arggggg algae

Postby debt.disappear » Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:46

Denniswiseman wrote:Pool stores are in the business of selling and your numbers are subject to operator error and lighting
Powder is definately not better unless you are differenciating between Trichlor/Dichlor and Cal-Hypo but you would still be increasing your Calcium hardness
When slamming turn off your SWCG and use plain bleach (sodium hypochlorite)
You need to know your CYA level to be able to dose your chlorine for the correct shock level as recommended in Chlorine / CYA Chart
Slamming is not just a one off dose but a constant maintaining level, that is why you need your own test kit
Morning. Take a reading and add sufficient chlorine to reach your shock level
Midday. Take another reading and add sufficient chlorine to reach your shock level
Evening. Take another reading and add sufficient chlorine to reach your shock level
Repeat untill you reach the three criteria in the slamming process in my previous post
The amount of chlorine needed will diminish as you complete the slam
On it. Will order a kit asap

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”