vacuuming pop up pool

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
funnyhaha

vacuuming pop up pool

Postby funnyhaha » Sun 24 Jun, 2007 15:38

we got a pop up pool 4 ft deep this year. the water turned brown after the first shock due to the iron in our water. i put the floc in last night circulated and this morning everything was on the bottom of the pool as promised. when i went to vacuum it through the pump it worked great except it was redepositing the yucky stuff back into the pool. how do I avoid this. the only thing i can think of is disconnecting the hose from the pump where it goes back into the pool.
I have changed the filter thinking that would help. would running the filter over night help or would that just keep everything stirred up.thank you for any suggestion you may have.

dutch

Postby dutch » Sun 24 Jun, 2007 16:59

After you floc a pool, the best thing to do is vaccum it out to the ground and not back to the filter. This will cause the water level to drop quickly so you should keep a hose running while you do it. Hope this helps.
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sun 24 Jun, 2007 18:36

Some folks don't have a vac to waste option. It's a good option to have because it doesn't even go into your filter.

I'd dare say, that if your filter is putting it right back into your pool, something is not quite right with your filter.

When you vac to the filter, it should stop it and you should have to backwash more often because it does stop it, so well.

Are you actually seeing the same material coming from the returns? Or, is it that the disturbance of vacuuming is dispersing it back into the water.

You do have to vac very slowly, to minimize dispersal.
funnyhaha

thank you

Postby funnyhaha » Sun 08 Jul, 2007 15:39

thank you both for your help. I realized I needed to clean the actual filter itself more often while I was vasumming the pool. It looks great now :roll:
dstinyz
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Vacuum

Postby dstinyz » Sun 29 Jul, 2007 09:41

For funnyhaha, (sorry just to jump right in here.) I have been trying to get a question answered and have not had much luck so i thought maybe you could help. I also have a 15x48 metal framed easyset pool, mine came with this cheap vacccum that hooks up to the hose and everything ends up in a bag. It sounded like you have on that runs to the filter, I was not sure if you could use any vacuum and how to hook it up. Thanx :)

Postby Guest » Sun 29 Jul, 2007 13:04

Try cotton balls in the bag to help grab ahold of the ucky stuff. I've heard it somewhere before but can't remember where exactly...

HTH
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 30 Jul, 2007 09:11

Any "venturi" type vacuum that hooks up to a hose is only going to grab large particles like leaves, twigs, bugs, etc. Dirt, algae, pollen, "pool dust" all require a real pool vacuum that is attached to your skimmer and lead directly to the filter.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”