Dangerous slippery steps

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
Marigot
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 6000 gal, oval infinity edge. Newly fibreglassed and epoxy painted. Hayward pump and filter. Chlorine.

Dangerous slippery steps

Postby Marigot » Sat 27 Apr, 2019 08:53

We have just had our pool fibreglassed and painted with epoxy paint. It was filled yesterday. The steps are dangerously slippy. Any quick solutions that don’t require draining out $1000 of water,
We had asked the contractors to put sand on the steps, which they did but only on the first epoxy coating!

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Dangerous slippery steps

Postby Teapot » Sat 27 Apr, 2019 12:20

Modified polymer sealants and adhesive like sika etc (Not silicone) can be used under water. If you got a perforated sheet of something like aluminium as a template, you could form non slip dots on the steps without draining down?
Marigot
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 6000 gal, oval infinity edge. Newly fibreglassed and epoxy painted. Hayward pump and filter. Chlorine.

Postby Marigot » Sat 27 Apr, 2019 12:29

Thanks for that. What a good idea. I could even add a little sand to each dot.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sun 28 Apr, 2019 07:41

Marigot, as you can imagine it's not a situation I have found myself in or any of my customers. Please pop back and let us know how you get on, could be useful to others?

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”