Pebble Tec Water Line

Total hardness and calcium hardness in pool water.
Scale, calcium buildup, hard water and scaling problems.
Kathy R

Pebble Tec Water Line

Postby Kathy R » Sun 24 Jun, 2007 17:48

Is there any other way to remove white water line from a pebble tec pool other than glass bead wash? Also, do you have to empty the pool for this project?

Postby Guest » Sat 30 Jun, 2007 13:51

I was told to use muric acid on it. I tried it and it didn't seem to help much, but maybe it is because I too have such a build up. The calcium bubbled on contact, so I assume it may have helped some. I think I will wash my tile with diluted muric acid every time I need to add acid anyways in hopes of getting it under control! Good luck!
MikeinAZ
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby MikeinAZ » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:52

I know this is a little late on the response but I let my calcium build up over the winter. I used a pumice stone which did not damage my tile. I first tried it in a small area to make sure it didn't damage my tile. In order to keep it from building again just use a green scouring pad every once in a while to help prevent it from reoccurring.

I copied this from another site:
Calcium Hardness is virtually irrelevant for a vinyl pool. But pool store guys will swear on their saintly mother's life that you need it for your vinyl pool. It's simply not true and is a waste of money. Calcium in the water prevents the water from sucking calcium out of concrete, plaster, or tile walls. It is not an issue in vinyl pool. It only matters to you if gets EXTREMELY high--500ppm.

Hope this helps.
"What Is Popular Is Not Always Right; What Is Right Is Not Always Popular"

Return to “Hard Pool Water & Scale”