Newbie needs help w/ Doughboy Sequel II Filter

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
billrost

Newbie needs help w/ Doughboy Sequel II Filter

Postby billrost » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 15:01

Hi All,
I just bought this house and I have been struggling with the filter. It just does not clean very well. The vacuum is not able to keep suction for long. When it did it would last about 5 minutes then become weak. I noticed it was strongest when the pressure was low around 10lbs. The pressure is up to 22lbs now and both filter baskets are clean. I tried "filter to waste" but the water comes out clear. No earth or debris. The hoses are clear too. I unhooked them to make sure.
Do I need to completely dismantle the Sequel II and wash out the filters? I did this before putting opening the pool.
At this point my pool is turning green and the is dirt on the bottom that i cant vacuum. :(

sweeps
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby sweeps » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 15:09

Sorry not Sequel II. Its a Sequel I.
www(dot)doughboypools-online(dot)com/dbseq1plus(dot)htm
Christine

Postby Christine » Mon 02 Jul, 2007 11:37

Sounds like you need to backwash. When the pressure gets so high, it doesn't do the job well. Switch to backwash, and run until water is clear.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 02 Jul, 2007 12:30

Christine wrote:Sounds like you need to backwash. When the pressure gets so high, it doesn't do the job well. Switch to backwash, and run until water is clear.

Keep in mind that doing this will wash out all the DE from your filter. You will need to re-load afterward, so make sure you have a bag ready!
Big John

Filter

Postby Big John » Sun 29 Jul, 2007 21:53

You said you did a "filter to waste". All you are doing is still filtering and pumping out water. You have to move your handle 180 degrees from "filter" to "backwash". Look on top of the valve you should see the words stamped in the position you need to move it. But first turn off the filter then move the handle, then turn the filter on. Same thing when you move it back.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”