mustard algae

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Woods
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

mustard algae

Postby Woods » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 18:53

I just found out that the fine grainy stuff that has been in our salt pool for several weeks is mustard algae. This is the first summer we have used our pool. Does anyone know why we got this algae in our pool? The pool place gave me the chemicals to use and told me what to do. I am just curious as why we have it.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

S. Woods

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: mustard algae

Postby Backglass » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 20:30

Woods wrote:I just found out that the fine grainy stuff that has been in our salt pool for several weeks is mustard algae. This is the first summer we have used our pool. Does anyone know why we got this algae in our pool? The pool place gave me the chemicals to use and told me what to do. I am just curious as why we have it.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

S. Woods

Who told you this? Algae is slimy...not grainy.

Algae grows when you don't have any sanitizer...chlorine, etc. Have you been testing your chlorine levels?
Woods
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

algea

Postby Woods » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 21:17

I took some of the substance to the pool store that tests my water. They told me it was mustard algae. We have been having our water tested on a regular basis. A person from this place came and look in our pool last week because we thought it was sand. He looked at it and felt of it and sand that it was not sand. I have been doing a lot of reading trying to figure out what this stuff is. It is very fine and grainy.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”