air bubbles, low pressure...can't vacuum..hlp pls!!!

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
fabchef
I'm new here
I'm new here

air bubbles, low pressure...can't vacuum..hlp pls!!!

Postby fabchef » Tue 03 Jul, 2007 10:28

Hi folks fabs here. I've been having problems with our pool now quite some time now. It seems that there are always some bubbles/air pockets visible in the filter cover.

info: we have a aprox: 80 000LT inground pool. Sta-rite filter and pump.
About 2 years ago we found a leak on the return line of the skimmer, we cut out the section and put in a new small section.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but, we've been at this house for about 5-6 years and we've never chnaged the sand in the filter and don't know when the previous owner changed it before....
the pressure on the filter is at 12psi. I asked a pool guy and he said it should be around 20psi!!! (i do my backwashes once a week, rinse too)

Whenever i close the bottom drain and attach either the automatic pol vac or if i do it manually....The pump takes in air and can't fill up with water, hence no pressure when vacuming...
Any advice would be great.

I have a gut feeling that there may be another leak in the skimmer return line, i don't wanna have to dig it up, but if i gotta, i gotta....

jdmadda

Postby jdmadda » Wed 11 Jul, 2007 19:23

I have all these problems plus one of my returns has very low pressure and I have air in the other return. Same deal with the sand, hasn't been changed in at least 5 years.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”