cloudy water

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
jolleyontheroad

cloudy water

Postby jolleyontheroad » Tue 03 Jul, 2007 17:00

I take care of my church camp pool, it is a 70,000 size pool with about 200 kids using it mon-friday. My free chlorine usually is at 3. PH 7.4 ak 150 calcium hard 400. I usually shock it every two weeks with a calcium granules. The last couple of weeks the water was getting cloudy where it was hard to see the bottom at the 10 ft, so I gave it 1 1/2 the amount ot calls for to shock it. Well the next day it look terrible and the cloudyness was worst. Now its hard to see the bottom at the 3 ft. level It's like a white cloudyness to it. It been 4 days and it no better. Help

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2007 17:01

If I am reading this post correctly the water in the deepend is cloudy but the top layers of water are clear.

This can indicate several different things. However the most likely is calcium hardness issue.

The alternative is a lack of circulation.

To further diagnose this you would need to do depth sampling.

Using your vacuum trolley or something similar, mark your telescopic handle at say 2 foot points. Starting at the bottom of the pool take water samples and measure the chlorine, TA and CH. Record the results and move the suction point up 2 feet at a time.

Post the results of all the tests and I should be able to tell you which is the issue.

HTH

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”