pool maintenance

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.

pool maintenance

Postby Hammy » Wed 08 Mar, 2006 05:59

hello i have recently moved to spain and have been offered a contract in pool maintenance and gardening but haven't got any experience in the pool side of things, where do i start?

Pool Help

Pool maintenance help

Postby Pool Help » Wed 08 Mar, 2006 10:49

Hi Hammy

I recommend you do as many of the following as possible:
  1. approach the local pool board and get all the relevant literature on standards and recommendations.
  2. collect pool brochures and literature from local suppliers to become familiar with the products in your area.
  3. get a pool reference book/ manual for the theory.
  4. befriend a pool service person/ company and spend time with them as they go about their maintenance tasks. Offer to lend a hand at no charge - you get the experience and they get a helping hand for free.
  5. use the internet as an information resource. Visit good pool forums like this one, post your questions and participate in discussions of your current issues, or of aspects of pool maintenance that you feel you need to develop.

Hope this helps
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby poolcleanerspain » Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:13

hi Hammy welcome to the world of pool cleaning in spain, where abouts are u in spain, i started about a year ago and went on a starters course was good as the trainer explained all about chemicals and basic cleaning, but ive learned alot more from working on pools its easy to pick up but this forum is good for tips and hints good luck.
pool cleaner in sunny spain
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Re: pool maintenance

Postby paulbest » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 22:02

having a pool is great but it takes responsibility to properly maintain it. how to maintain then? generally, this job belongs to gardeners or professional pool cleaning companies.

to maintain the immaculate image of your pool there are things that need to be taken into consideration. refer to this: http://www.swimmingpool.com/maintenance ... are-basics

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”