Twisting Cord on Robotic Cleaner

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....

Twisting Cord on Robotic Cleaner

Postby Guest » Thu 05 Jul, 2007 17:46

I jsut "inherited" a robotic cleaner from a neighbor who was moving. It's a great luxury, which I wouldn't have been able to afford, so I'm thrilled.
Ony problem is the power cord is VERY twisted. I have tried laying it out on my deck in the sun, but it doesn't do a thing. The cord is so twisted that I can't manually "untwist" it, and it often results in my cleaner getting stuck since as it tries to move forward, it cant' get enough slack in the cord and ends up on its back.
I've looked into buying a replacement cord, but it's expensive ($100.00).

the cleaner is an Aqua Vac Aquaqueen (same as Mako Shark II0, and it cleans bottom only.

Thanks for any help.

Postby Guest » Fri 06 Jul, 2007 23:33

Anyone???
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Sat 07 Jul, 2007 09:00

I don't have any experience with cleaners, but it seems like your "hot sun" method is the way to go. I would lay it out in the sun in your driveway (hot blacktop) and let it cook for a few hours...then get an assistant and stretch the cord from both ends. It will probably never be perfect, but you could get it usable perhaps.

If that doest work, you may have no choice but to get the new cord. A small price to pay for a robotic cleaner! I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it. I'll even pay for shipping. :lol:
ylisadad

Twisting Cord

Postby ylisadad » Sun 29 Jul, 2007 16:03

I have a Dolphin cleaner and the cord twists with every cleaning. The manufacturer provides a lever on the top of the cleaner that is supposed to revese the direction of the robot on the next cleaning, therefore untwisting the cord. It still twists. Leaving the cord in the sun is not the answer.

After each cleaning, I manually lay the entire cord out on my lawn and unravel it, starting from the robot side out. You may have to make adjustments as you go, from the other end. Eventually you will get all your tangles out and if you untangle after each cleaning, it's less than a 5 minute effort.

-Hope that helps.
Curt
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

twisted cord

Postby Curt » Wed 01 Aug, 2007 08:10

Hi, several solutions.

After use, coil the cable starting at the robot so the twists work out toward the plug.

Changing the handle position will cause the robot to partially un tangle the cord.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”