Brown Stains in Deep End

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.

Brown Stains in Deep End

Postby Guest » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 19:47

I have a fairly large stain in the deep end which resempbles a deposit of such from leaves? I brought my water sample in for testing and he noted that my copper and iron levels are zero so it is not a metal. He did mention that brown algae could cause this? It is also causing staining on my stairs, of the same colour, I do have well water any help would be aprreciated.

robinixie
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

stains

Postby robinixie » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 20:30

I also had stains at one point that sound exactly as your do. Try to drop about 5 or 6 vitamin c tablets on your steps, if they appear to whiten up they try a product from Natural Chemistry called Stain Free. Try the tablets first to determine if they will work before buying the product. I have fibergass and this was like a miracle product. Good luck.

Postby Guest » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 21:13

Vitamin C as i the Over the Counter Vitamin??
Pardon me, I'm new to the pool thing
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 21:20

Anonymous wrote:Vitamin C as i the Over the Counter Vitamin??
Pardon me, I'm new to the pool thing

Yes. Ascorbic Acid (plain old vitamin C) will remove some metallic pool stains.

If it works, there is a treatment you can do to the entire pool at once, using Ascorbic Acid bought in bulk.

Postby Guest » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 21:33

How would you distribute Bulk Vitamin C?
I'm shocked!
Thanks!!
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 22:03

Anonymous wrote:How would you distribute Bulk Vitamin C?
I'm shocked!
Thanks!!

With your hands. :lol:

It comes in powder form in bulk LIKE THIS

Postby Guest » Thu 12 Jul, 2007 20:59

My neighbor and I have similar problems. We dump in about 4 bottles of Metal free from Natural Chemistry to suspend the manganese then comes the miracle cure.

It's only temporary but for our water chemistry it works like a charm. The miracle cure of which I speak is "STAIN MAGNET" from GLB. He told me to drop in a bottle and watch the brown disappear instantly. Overnight it turned my brown water crystal clear for the 4th of July party. Five days later I put in about 1/4 bottle and the tea colored water turned crystal clear in less than 1 hour. I just bought 10 bottles on e-bay.

So far I don't shock, the shock instantly rusts the metal and turns my water tea. I'm using the auto-feeder to add chlorine. Eventually I may shock then vacuum all the rust out. I can't get good advice on how to permanently remove the metal?/?

Postby Guest » Fri 13 Jul, 2007 16:41

Backglass wrote:
Anonymous wrote:How would you distribute Bulk Vitamin C?
I'm shocked!
Thanks!!

With your hands. :lol:

It comes in powder form in bulk LIKE THIS

Thank You, Thank You and Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bought a bottle of Vitamin C in tablet form, Worked perfect literaly like magic.
Went to the Pool Store and they never heard of such a theory, they recomended Pool Tile and Vinyl cleaner wich I have bought (twice) and it never worked, Went to the local Health Food Store and bought Vitamin C, worked like magic.

Anyone who would ever waste there money on Stain Magnet or anything like that product are fools!!

My pool looks Amazing, Thanks I owe you a Beer!!!
robinixie
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby robinixie » Fri 13 Jul, 2007 20:57

hey pool user...
make sure you use "metal out" after using the vitamin c product. i have done this process a few times and the "metal out" also helps. the key is to make sure that the water stays balanced. the pool store was wrong--vitamin c removes metals. if the stains were due to organics and you put a chol. puck on steps they would whitten. oh yeah back wash or clean out your cart. 24 hrs. after the process is complete.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:26

Anonymous wrote:Thank You, Thank You and Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bought a bottle of Vitamin C in tablet form, Worked perfect literaly like magic.
Went to the Pool Store and they never heard of such a theory, they recomended Pool Tile and Vinyl cleaner wich I have bought (twice) and it never worked, Went to the local Health Food Store and bought Vitamin C, worked like magic.

Anyone who would ever waste there money on Stain Magnet or anything like that product are fools!!

My pool looks Amazing, Thanks I owe you a Beer!!!

Woohoo! You will find that MOST pool store products that you pay big bucks for, are actually everyday chemicals you can get elsewhere for 1/4 the price.

Now, you need to learn about the BBB method (Bleach, Baking Soda, Borax) and REALLY start saving money.

GO HERE and be amazed. :lol:

(and the above user is correct. You need to add a sequestrant so the stains don't come right back upon shocking. But if ythey do, you know what to do. ;))

Postby Guest » Sun 15 Jul, 2007 21:32

A little bit unrelated, but it worked.

I had three used to be really nice chaise lounge deck chairs with some type of vinyl/cloth slings. Last winter all three (stored in garage) got rust stains on the vinyl slings from road salt, water, etc.

My wfe already told me to throw out the chairs and plan on buying new ones. Tried two or three cleaners, nothing worked.

1/4 cup of Stain Magnet in about two gallons of water, brush on, hose off and the deck chairs look brand new in five minutes. Rust went bye-bye instantly. Vitamin C would have probably done the same thing.

Just saved $300 in deck chairs thanks to your forum. Thanks

Postby Guest » Sun 15 Jul, 2007 21:39

Please, I mean no offense to the comments above, but the link to vitamin C was 3# for $30. I bought the Stain magnet online for $15 for 2# bottle.

It took less than one bottle to clear up 10,000 gal of water in less than an hour. I don't feel like I wasted a lot of $.

I normally squeak when I walk I'm so tight. How much vitamin C to clear water in 10,000 gal fiberglass pool?. My manganese level is 3.0 PPM.

Mark
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:48

Anonymous wrote:Please, I mean no offense to the comments above, but the link to vitamin C was 3# for $30. I bought the Stain magnet online for $15 for 2# bottle.

It took less than one bottle to clear up 10,000 gal of water in less than an hour. I don't feel like I wasted a lot of $.

I normally squeak when I walk I'm so tight. How much vitamin C to clear water in 10,000 gal fiberglass pool?. My manganese level is 3.0 PPM.

Mark

They are really for two different things. If Metal-Out alone works for you, great! The Ascorbic Acid is for treating existing surface stains in a pool that a "Metal Out" product wont work on...not for the water. The Metal-Out, Pool Magnet stuff is to keep the metals in suspension or make them filterable. Sometimes you really need both., THe ACid to remove and the Metal-Out to keep it in suspension.

As for things outside of the pool where you don't have to worry about re-staining...I just use good old "Iron Out" from Wal-mart.
susu

Brown Stains in Deep End

Postby susu » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 16:26

is the vitamin C only good for fiber pool ? How about for gunite pool ?
cisakanksha
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above Ground Swimming Pools,Above Ground Pools,Swimming Pools

Brown Stains in Deep End

Postby cisakanksha » Fri 23 Sep, 2011 00:23

thank you!!!!
thank you!!!
for your suggestion....i was facing such problem from long time and tried many things, one day i was searching any solution on Internet then suddenly i read your blog and it works....
so really want to thanks you for sharing a useful information...

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”