Sodium tetraborate decahydrate for algae

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
South TX Poolguy
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby South TX Poolguy » Sat 14 Jul, 2007 13:05

Thanks for the boron health risk link. Ill ask the owner about the dogs drinking habits.

Most of the pool owners I work for will immediatly stop doing any maintenance to their pools once I start. I can only get a few of them to check and empty their baskets during the fall. Ill find pumps trickling with water because skimmer baskets are clogged with leaves.

The Pool Season 50 I use is not Polyquat. But the Pool Season 60 that I use is. I only use copper on liner or above ground pools.

So far I have used the phosphate remover on 4 pools that had reoccuring algae recently. So far they have not had any problems. One is getting a stress test right now. The owner went out of town and I will have not been to the pool in 2 weeks on Tuesday. (they locked the gate)

I use a test kit that cost $7.00 for 50 pouches of powder. (not bad) (all my costs are wholesale, but shock and trichlor are only a small amount below retail)

I know a guy who bought 500 gallons of the catalytic enzyme and phosphate remover CV-700. He is now using it as treatment on all his pools. The stuff cost me $57 for 1 gallon. He says the results are wonderful so far. (I would hope so, for the cost)

Ill ask around for the taylor polyquat tester. I buy larger reagent bottles. The small ones only last me 20 days. I can buy 12oz bottles and refill the small ones. I dont use weekly algicide unless I notice something wrong. Then Ill dose that pool for a few weeks.

Thanks for the help and links. I have been to the other pool sites you mentioned in some form. I landed here because I saw there are some helpful, well intentioned, well informed, guru posters here. (such as yourself)

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”