Dead Algae on pool floor-vacuuming??

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts

Dead Algae on pool floor-vacuuming??

Postby Guest » Thu 12 Jul, 2007 09:18

I have spots on the bottom of our pool that looks like sand. But when you brush them away, it just disapears into a cloud.

So I've tried vacuuming this up, and then after awhile it reappears.

the pool store told me it was dead algae and to vacuum to waste. I did this but its back again this morning. Although when I vacuumed I didn't get to vacuum all of it.

corky
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby corky » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 07:52

I used to have this problem a lot with my old pool. I had to add a liquid that would coagulate the dead algea so the filter could pick it up. So, I would pore that in and use a brush (with a long handle) to kick up the dust (to mix it) and run the filter. The coagulant can be bought at any pool store.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:12

corky wrote:I used to have this problem a lot with my old pool. I had to add a liquid that would coagulate the dead algea so the filter could pick it up. So, I would pore that in and use a brush (with a long handle) to kick up the dust (to mix it) and run the filter. The coagulant can be bought at any pool store.

This liquid is known as "Floc" or "Clarifier".
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”