green water

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
delarosa6061

green water

Postby delarosa6061 » Sun 01 May, 2005 19:45

:oops:
hello tio everyone
somebody please help
i have one of those above ground easy set pools 18x48
i had a problem getting it set up, last year this year the water is green i have shocked it several times a friend told me to add about 3-4 gallons of clorox to the water and it would clear is this true
feeling really stupid
can any one help
:oops:

delarosa6061

greenish pool

Postby delarosa6061 » Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:32

did you get an answer to your question? I am having the same problem and wanted to know what to do about it.

E-mail me back at lauracroft66@hotmail.com.
angela

Re: greenish pool

Postby angela » Mon 15 May, 2006 21:13

delarosa6061 wrote:did you get an answer to your question? I am having the same problem and wanted to know what to do about it.

E-mail me back at lauracroft66@hotmail.com.

Let me know if you hear anything on this topic. I too have this problem with my 18 x 48 above ground pool. We've kept it up last 2 years but have not had this before. I keep chlorinator rablets in year round. I pump runs 80% of the time. No pool store in the area, only walmart, and I can't find cyanuric acid or stabilizer.
please email response to angela.dynamic@hotmail.com
shyr
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby shyr » Fri 19 May, 2006 13:09

Shock the pool. This means super chlorinating the water to kill off any bacteria and algae. If your pool is very dirty, it may need MANY gallons of liquid chlorine (shock) over a period of days before the water clears. Start off by adding 3 or 4 gallons, and if you see no results overnight, add 3 or 4 more gallons the next day. Continue this process until you notice the water changing color to either cloudy white, light green or clear. The more you add, the quicker it will clear.

and yes you can use Chlorox
bullfrogspas

Postby Guest » Wed 24 May, 2006 14:40

Use a algaecide. Put it in the water, let it run for 24 hours, then shut it off for about 6 hours and then vaccum on waste. This may have to be done several times. Then add clarifier, let run, shut off and vaccum again. The clarifier will clump the small particles together to get them out of the pool . Good luck.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”