How do I clean out undissolved shock and dead algae?

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
jcarr492
I'm new here
I'm new here

How do I clean out undissolved shock and dead algae?

Postby jcarr492 » Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:10

We have a 15x42 metal frame above ground pool. I have left over undissolved shock and dead algae on the bottom of the pool. How do I remove it. When we get in to swim or when I use the net to get leaves out of the bottom, it stirs up and clouds up the water. It settles during the night, but there is a lot of it I guess and you can see it make clouds when using the net on the bottom. What is the easiest way to clean it out on the bottom?

Julie
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: How do I clean out undissolved shock and dead algae?

Postby Backglass » Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:20

jcarr492 wrote:We have a 15x42 metal frame above ground pool. I have left over undissolved shock and dead algae on the bottom of the pool. How do I remove it. When we get in to swim or when I use the net to get leaves out of the bottom, it stirs up and clouds up the water. It settles during the night, but there is a lot of it I guess and you can see it make clouds when using the net on the bottom. What is the easiest way to clean it out on the bottom?

Use your vacuum on the "Waste" setting. This takes the water from the Vacuum and spits it right out the backwash port bypassing the filter. Then top of with fresh water if necessary.

You shouldn't leave shock on the bottom...it will bleach your liner FAST. Dilute it with water first, or add it through the skimmer in the future.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”